Adding custom objects to an app in Salesforce is a great way to enhance the functionality of your application and make it more powerful.
In this tutorial, we will explore how to add custom objects to an App in Salesforce.
Step 1: Log into Salesforce
The first step is to log into your Salesforce account and navigate to the App Setup section. This can be found in the left-hand sidebar under “Create”.
Step 2: Create a Custom Object
Once you have navigated to the App Setup page, select “Objects” from the list of options on the left-hand side of the page. This will open up a page that shows all existing objects in Salesforce. To add a new object, click the “New” button at the top of this page.
Step 3: Configure Your Object
When creating a new custom object in Salesforce, you will need to configure its properties such as name, description, fields and relationships. Once you have configured these properties for your custom object, it is ready to be added to an App!
Step 4: Add Custom Object to an App
Now that your custom object has been created and configured, you can add it to an App. Navigate back to the App Setup page and select “Apps” from the list of options on the left-hand side of the page. This will open up a page that shows all existing Apps in Salesforce. To add your custom object to an App, select the App you would like to add it to and click “Edit” at the top of the page.
Step 5: Select Objects
Once you have clicked edit, a list of objects will appear on the right-hand side of the page. Scroll down until you see your custom object and check the box next to it to add it to this App. Once you have done this, click “Save” at the top of the page and your custom object will now be part of this application!
Adding custom objects to an App in Salesforce is an easy process that can help you take your applications to the next level. By following these steps, you can easily add custom objects to an App in Salesforce and make them part of your application.
Salesforce is a powerful cloud-based platform that enables businesses to create custom objects and applications. In this tutorial, we will show you how to add custom objects to an app in Salesforce.
Creating Custom Objects:
- Log in to Salesforce and open the Setup menu by clicking on the gear icon at the top right of your screen.
- Find “Objects” under Build > Create and click it to open the “Custom Object” list page.
- Click “New” in the upper right corner of this page, and then enter the name of your object into the “Label” field.
- Select from several options for data type and click “Next”.
- On the next page, you can customize your object with additional fields, such as date/time fields, picklists, and checkboxes.
- After you have finished customizing your object, click “Save” to create it in Salesforce.
Adding Custom Objects to an App:
- Open the Setup menu by clicking on the gear icon at the top right of your screen.
- Find “Apps” under Build > Create and select it from the list that appears in the left navigation bar.
- Click “New” at the top of this page and enter a name for your app into the “Label” field.
- Select the object you just created from the “Available Objects” list and click “Add”.
- You can now customize your app, such as adding additional objects or customizing different pages within the app.
- When you have finished customizing your app, click “Save” to create it in Salesforce.
- To access your new app, log in to Salesforce and select it from the App Launcher at the top left of your screen.
Customizing Salesforce with custom objects and apps is an easy way to streamline business operations and make data more accessible for users. With this tutorial, we have shown you how to add custom objects to an app in Salesforce. Try it out and see how easy it is to create powerful, customized applications in Salesforce.