Laundry day. It’s a necessary evil that we all have to deal with, but there are ways to make it suck less. Check out these five tips that will help you transform your laundry basket from your worst enemy to your best friend!
Designate a Laundry Day
If you want to make your laundry basket your best friend, it’s important to designate a laundry day. This will help you stay on top of your laundry and ensure that it doesn’t pile up. Try to do your laundry once a week, or at least every other week.
In addition to designating a laundry day, you should also create a system for sorting your laundry. This will help you keep your laundry basket organized and prevent clothes from getting mixed up. You can sort your laundry by color, by type of clothing, or by any other system that makes sense to you.
Finally, make sure to empty your laundry basket regularly. This will prevent clothes from getting wrinkled or musty. If possible, try to empty your basket after each load of laundry. If that’s not possible, aim for once a week.
1. Pre-treat stains: This is the number one tip for making your laundry basket your best friend. Pretreating stains before you wash them will help to prevent them from setting in and becoming permanent. You can pretreat stains by applying a stain remover directly to the stain, or by soaking the stained item in a solution of water and vinegar.
2. Sort your laundry: Sorting your laundry before you wash it will help to prevent colors from bleeding and clothes from shrinking. Sort your laundry into piles of similar colors. If you have any items that are particularly delicate, wash them separately from the rest of your laundry.
3. Use the correct settings: Make sure you are using the correct washing machine settings for the type of clothing you are washing. Delicate clothing should be washed on the gentle cycle, while heavier items such as jeans can be washed on the regular cycle.
4. Don’t overstuff the washing machine: Overstuffing your washing machine can lead to clothes not getting clean or coming out wrinkled. Only put as much laundry in the machine as it can handle without being overstuffed.
5. Hang dry delicate items: Hanging delicate items up to dry will
Sort Your Laundry
One of the best tips for making your laundry basket your best friend is to sort your laundry. This means separating your clothes by color, fabric, and type of stain. This will make doing your laundry much easier and will help to prevent ruined clothes.
Another tip is to pretreat any stains before putting your clothes in the wash. This will help to remove the stain more effectively. Be sure to read the care labels on your clothes before pretreating them.
Finally, don’t forget to empty your lint trap! A lint-free laundry basket will help to keep your clothes looking their best.
Don’t Overload the Machine
1. Don’t overload the machine – Overloading the washing machine can cause your clothes to come out dirty and wrinkled. It can also damage the machine itself. Make sure to check the capacity of your machine and only put in as much laundry as it can handle.
2. Use the right detergent – Using the wrong detergent can cause your clothes to come out dirty or smelling bad. You should always read the labels on your detergent to make sure it is compatible with your washing machine.
3. Sort your laundry properly – Sorting your laundry properly before washing it will help to ensure that all of your clothes come out clean and looking their best. sort your laundry by color, fabric type, and soil level.
4. Don’t over dry your clothes – Over drying your clothes can cause them to shrink or become damaged. Always follow the drying instructions on your clothing labels to avoid this issue.
5. Remove your clothes from the dryer promptly – Leaving your clothes in the dryer for too long can cause them to wrinkle or become musty smelling. As soon as the cycle is done, remove your clothes from the dryer and hang them up or fold them immediately.
Hang Dry When You Can
1. Hang dry when you can: This will save you time and money in the long run. Also, your clothes will last longer if you hang them to dry instead of putting them in the dryer.
2. Always sort your laundry: Sorting your laundry is key to keeping your clothes looking their best. Sort by color, fabric type, and whether the items are light or heavy. This will help you avoid damage to your clothing.
3. Don’t overstuff the washing machine: Overstuffing the washing machine can damage your clothes and the machine itself. It’s best to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on how much laundry to put in at one time.
4. Use cold water when possible: Cold water is gentler on clothes and can help them last longer. It’s also more energy-efficient than using hot water.
5. Take care of stains ASAP: The sooner you treat a stain, the better chance you have of getting it out. Be sure to pretreat any difficult stains before washing.
By following these tips, you can make your laundry basket your best friend!